1 Mar 2020
Dear church family
In Matthew 5:13-16, Jesus taught his disciples to be salt of the earth and the light of the world. During this season of Covid-19 health situation, how can Christians shine brightly for Jesus Christ and bear a good testimony for the gospel in practical ways?
- Be socially responsible. If we are feeling unwell, take the necessary precautionary measures and stay away from crowded places.
- Be supportive of healthcare workers. Let us show care and encouragement for those whom we know who work in healthcare.
- Be helpful to those under quarantine or leave of absence. We can offer practical help and call them regularly to encourage them.
- Be watchful of our neighbours who may need help. This is a good opportunity to offer friendship and practical help.
- Be understanding to those feeling anxious. We can comfort them with kindness and words of Scripture.
- Be sensitive to those affected economically. Let us extend a helping hand in finance and practical support as needed.
- Be ready to share the hope we have in Jesus Christ. Let us share the good news of the gospel to colleagues and friends feeling fearful.
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16