12 Jul 2020
Dear family in Christ
Thanks be to God that our church Safe Management Plan has been approved by Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY). We can resume essential office operations, necessary ministry activities and on-site congregational worship services (with Holy Communion).
- English worship services resume on 18 July (Saturday, 4.30 pm) and 19 July (Sunday, 9.00 am)
- Mandarin service will resume on 9 August (Sunday 11.15 am)
Pls note the following for Congregational worship service:
- Each service is allowed a maximum attendance of 50 people (excluding church staff and duty personnel).
- You need to book a “ticket” online at https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/st-johns-chapel-church-services-tickets-112626528980
- Attendees must follow Safe distancing measures and clear SafeEntry procedures.
- Children’s Ministry will not resume physically yet, and will continue electronically over Zoom.
- Children are welcome at the church service with their family. The creche will be open.
- Livestreaming (and recording) of church services will continue to be available online.
- Holy Communion will resume in August and it will be celebrated weekly.
On another matter, in view of the Covid-19 situation, our diocesan bishop Rennis has granted special dispensation for an ONLINE Holy Communion service. Bishop will teach on this issue via a teaching video on 11-12 July. The Mandarin video will be available on 19 July. As a start, the whole diocese will be gathered together for a diocesan combined Online Holy Communion service on 2 August, Sunday at 10.30 am.
We look forward to see you in church together again in the praise and adoration of God and to hear His Word. For those who may not be ready yet to be physically present in church for various reasons, we understand your situation and hope to see in person at a later time this year. May the Lord watch over everyone with his grace and peace.