13 Dec 2020
Dear family in Christ
The season of Christmas is always an opportune time to share the good news of great joy that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born 2000 years ago in Bethlehem to be the Saviour of the world.
During this difficult and challenging Covid-19 year, many people are searching for meaning of life and seeking a present and future hope that is certain and secure.
Let us join our hearts to pray and think of family, friends and children to invite, and also for us to be involved in serving, at these Christmas outreaches.
- “The Gift of Love” Christmas Outreach to Migrant Workers: We are mobilising volunteers to serve in the packing and distribution of goodie bags to the dormitories (15-18 December) and also at the Christmas celebration activities at Kranji Recreational Centre (19-20 December, 11am to 3pm).
- Children Christmas outreach on Saturday, 19 December (session one 10am – 12pm; session two 2pm – 4pm). Fun activities for children age 4 to 12 and the sharing of the Christmas story.
- Christmas Carol Services on 19 December Saturday 4.30 pm service and on 20 December Sunday 9.00 am service. Carol singing by the choir and gospel preaching by an evangelist.
- Christmas Day services on 25 December, 9.00 am (English) and 11.15 am (Mandarin). May the gathering of God’s people be a powerful testimony of Christmas joy in declaring the grace and love of God in Christ Jesus.
- Christmas Meal in the Home: As a Cell group or as a family, do consider inviting friends for a Christmas meal in the home, with the listening of carols and the sharing of the Christmas message. Safe distancing measures allow households to receive up to five visitors at any one time.
- Celebrate Christmas in Singapore (CCIS): Due to Covid-19 restrictions, CCIS cannot be held at Orchard Road. Instead, it will be livestreamed online into the homes and digitally across the world. Pls tune in to the CCIS Christmas performances (https://ccis-sg.wixsite.com/ccis) at 8.00 pm nightly on 21 & 23 Dec (English) and on 22 & 24 Dec (Mandarin).
“And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:10-11