15 Mar 2020
Dear church family
This current Covid-19 health situation has impacted millions of lives all around the world and also in Singapore. It is a well-known fact that the manner in which people respond to crisis situations reveal their true colours and their true character. As I observe and think about the responses of our church members to Covid-19, I am encouraged and thankful to God for the grace, strength and love shown by God’s people in our church community.
Let me share these examples for your encouragement.
- Some church members took initiative to contribute face masks, sanitizers, thermometers, etc for church use.
- Almost 100% of members were understanding on the precautionary measures needed and rendered full cooperation.
- Members understood that extra specific precautionary measures and procedures are needed because we are located within a school.
- Members were generally calm, steady and composed during this period of many adjustments.
- Our church staff team and duty usher teams served in many ways to ensure that precautionary measures are done well.
- The church lay leadership were fully supportive of diocese guidance and our staff team’s labour of love.
- Various church ministries made the necessary adjustments and continued to function as normally as possible.
- Parents continue to bring their children to church for praise time, Bible learning and community fellowship.
- Church members who felt unwell (even mild symptoms) took it upon themselves not to come to church service for that weekend.
During this Covid-19 health situation, let us continue to look out and help one another and love one another with the love of Jesus Christ.
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:36-40