16 Aug 2020
Dear family in Christ
We are thankful that diocesan bishop Rennis has granted a special dispensation for parishes and congregations in the Archdeaconry of Singapore to practise one or more of the following three forms of administering Holy Communion during the period 2 August to 31 October 2020 to address the extraordinary situation posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Holy Communion to a congregation that physically gathers and safely distributes the bread and the wine in a manner that satisfy the safety standards specified by the national authorities for churches.
2. Holy Communion by extension from a common table, whereby diocesan authorised persons distribute pre-consecrated elements to dispersed households or small groups at their respective locations using a simple liturgy.
3. Holy Communion through an Online Service with good controls to a congregation that is electronically present and connected.
We praise and thank God that one powerful aspect of the Lord’s Supper is the communal experience of breaking bread and praying together. At our parish, we will celebrate Holy Communion on-site physically and online electronically on the first and third weekends at the following service timings:
- Saturday 4.30 pm (English)
- Sunday 9.00 am (English)
- Sunday 11.15 am (Mandarin)
For those present electronically, pls view this video guide on preparing the bread and wine (juice) at home.
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxjUp2Xik7U&feature=youtu.be )
May all things be done with faith and love and in good order to exalt the Lord and strengthen His church for missions and ministry. May we be nourished and strengthened by the Lord communally.
“And (Jesus) took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.”