17 Oct 2021
Dear family in Christ
In our Singapore Anglican diocese, we have many platforms and opportunities in the medical, nursing, elderly and community services to show the love of God and share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
This year, St Andrew’s Mission Hospital (SAMH) will be celebrating her 108th Anniversary on St Luke’s Day on 18 October 2021. Singapore Anglican Community Services (SACS) will also be included in this commemoration.
Let us remember SAMH/SACS in our prayers as the staff and volunteers persevere in their service of faith, hope and love to their patients, residents, clients and students.
During this Covid-19 pandemic, Covid cases among the residents and staff in residential care homes has been rising across Singapore. Quite a number of our Anglican nursing homes, psychiatric rehabilitation homes, crisis shelter and day care centres have been affected.
Value your prayers for those in the SAMH/SACS Centres who are affected in various ways. Archdeacon Wong Tak Meng has provided the following prayer items.
- COVID cases (residents and staff): Healing and recovery, God’s grace and peace.
- Other Residents: Continue to be well as they receive holistic care from staff and chaplains, against isolation, anxiety and infections.
- Family members: More tolerance with MOH Advisory and our staff.
- Frontline care staff: Skill, strength and stamina, managing anxiety and stress. Protection from infection outside.
- Human Resource Dept: Easing of restrictions on new foreign staff to address manpower shortage and extra workload.
- Chaplains: Non-anxious presence, empathy and prayerful strength to support residents, staff and leadership.
- Centre Leadership: Peaceable wisdom, strength and compassion to manage outbreak with good decisions and teamwork.
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16