19 Jan 2020
Dear church family
During Chinese New Year season, there will be opportunities to meet up with family relatives, good friends, work colleagues and friendly neighbours. As you enjoy the yummy food and casual conversations, do make use of every opportunity to shine brightly for Jesus in the midst of the festivities.
- Pray – As you share in conversation, silently commit your family and friends to the Lord in prayer for God’s grace of salvation.
- Respect – It is important to give due honour and respect to our elders in our immediate and extended families.
- Listen – Take time to hear their life stories and understand the heart and struggles of our family and friends.
- Care – As you sense some needs of your family and friends, may the Lord use you to minister help and concern to them.
- Invite – Be courageous to invite them to know Jesus and welcome them to our church services or ministries.
“Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison.” Colossians 4:2-3