27 Feb 2022
Dear beloved family in Christ
In their September 2021 issue of Excelsis Coaching Newsletter, John Lim and Song Kheng, founders and life coach trainers for Excelsis Coaching Asia, had written on the topic “Coaching: God’s Guidance in times of Uncertainty”. I have shared part 1 last week. Please see part 2 below.
I pray that you have found their counsel practically useful and may you also be able to use it to help others in drawing strength and guidance in the Lord during such challenging times.
Coaching: God’s Guidance in times of Uncertainty (part 2)
How do we enable people to depend on God?
As coaches, we intentionally move away from telling and advising. We create a safe space, prayerfully listen and use the following coaching questions to help people tune in and depend on God:
- How are you going through this pandemic?
- What do you need God’s guidance in?
- What emotions are you feeling in your heart?
- What is your common sense telling you about this matter?
- What are the counsels of your God-fearing mentors/friends?
- What are some open doors or close doors you are noticing?
- What are some experiences with God in the past that may give you guidance regarding who you are (your identity) and what you should do?
- How has the Lord spoken to you through His word regarding your situation?
- What are your calling and spiritual gifts? How will God’s calling and gifting guide you in your decision?
- What is the Lord speaking to you through the Holy Spirit?
- What do you sense during prayer and after praying?
- We have seen many examples of fasting in the Bible to seek God’s guidance in crisis, how might fasting be relevant in this situation?
- From a scale of 1-10, how yielded is your heart to the Lord in this matter? (10 being fully yielded to God)
Romans 12:2, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
May we take the time to seek God, receive His peace, discern His will and live as children of the Light in this uncertain world. May God use you to equip His people for the advancement of His Kingdom!