07 Feb 2021
Dear church family
This coming Lunar New Year festivities will be quite different and subdued because of Covid-19 restrictions. However, I believe there will still be available opportunities to meet up with family relatives, good friends and friendly neighbours. As you enjoy the delicious food and friendly conversations, may the Lord guide you with his love and grace to bear a good testimony for Jesus and reflect the glory of God in your life.
- PRAY – As you share in conversation together, commit your family and friends to the Lord prayerfully in your heart for God’s grace of salvation.
- RESPECT – Always be ready to give due honour and respect to our family elders and appreciate them for being a blessing in our lives.
- LISTEN – Take time to hear their life stories and understand their hopes, fears and struggles.
- CARE – May the Lord grant you a sensitive heart to discern the needs of your family and friends so that you can minister and show care to them.
- SHARE – Be led by the Spirit to share the gospel with them and let them know that God loves them very much.
The harvest field need not be just about crossing the seas to a foreign land. But it is seeing the cross in the land where God has placed you. Would you labour for Jesus?
“Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into his harvest.” Matthew 9:37-38