19 Dec 2021
Dear family in Christ
We thank the Lord for his grace and help as we experience another challenging year in the midst of the worldwide Covid-19 situation.
For some brothers and sisters in our church community, this year has been filled with painful struggles and sorrowful circumstances. May you find continual deep comfort and inner peace in the Lord and be strengthened by the sufficient grace of God.
As we come near the end of this year 2021, may our hearts be joyful in praising the Lord for who He is and be filled with gratitude to God for all His blessings in our life. May we sing like the grateful psalmist, “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!” (Psalm 103:1).
As we reflect on the issues and circumstances in our life, let us give thanks to God and “forget not all his benefits”. May we be grateful to Abba Father for His loving forgiveness, merciful healing, gracious redemption, steadfast love, faithful goodness and life renewal in the power of the Holy Spirit (Psalm 103:2-5).
May I encourage us to spend time in quiet reflection in the Lord as we prepare to end the year.
- How am I coping emotionally and mentally during this pandemic?
- How have I grown spiritually in Christlikeness and loving God more deeply?
- In what ways have I learnt to trust God more in the circumstances of my life?
- What direction in life is the Lord leading me as I seek His guidance?
- What has the Lord spoken to me through His Word and His Spirit this year?
- In what ways have I been involved in the harvest work of His eternal kingdom?
- How have I glorified God in the trials and circumstances of my life?
“Only one life, ’twill soon be past; Only what’s done for Christ will last.” C.T. Studd