25 Aug 2019
Dear family in Christ
We rejoice with the 32 brothers and sisters in Christ who were confirmed last Sunday. We give thanks to Abba Father for his merciful grace in receiving them as His beloved children. We thank God for those who have journeyed and disci25pled them in their Christian faith and spiritual growth. Each one of them has a wonderful story to tell of the Lord’s gracious hand upon their life. Let me share a few stories.
- One came to know Jesus during her time with 52nd Girls Brigade. She is now serving in both 52nd and 59th GB.
- One heard the gospel and experienced the love of God at 64th Boys Brigade. He is a good role model to the younger BB boys.
- One had objected angrily many years ago when her daughter became a Christian. Now she finds joy and peace in Abba Father.
- One had faced many difficulties at work and family. Coming to faith in Jesus has given him peace and strength to cope well.
- A couple came to faith in Christ after many years of prayers and hearing the gospel. They are now filled with joy in the Lord.
For all the confirmands, just like all of us in God’s community, our life is in God’s hands. Our Abba Father continues to write a beautiful story in our life, as we grow more and more into the image of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Let us rejoice with hope and confidence like the Psalmist in Psalm 23:6, “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”